For the past two decades, technology has been growing so fast that life has become so much easier hence business and operation are getting more effective and efficient. Mobility has changed the way employees interact with their tools. Rather than using the desktop PC to do everything, workers now have the option of doing portions of their work on different devices, using the best device for the current task. A worker can get an email notification on a smartphone, dash off a quick reply on a tablet, gather more facts via some phone calls from the car, and then author a detailed document — with supporting spreadsheets — once back at the office via a desktop PC. To certify the authenticity of any document, handwritten signature must be applied to the document by printing it out. This practice is not even environmental friendly and is old fashioned – there still exist redundancy in document authentication procedures.
The explosive growth in mobility, social media and cloud computing presents the enterprise with enormous opportunities and challenges
- Despite the security policies, procedures, and tools currently in place, employees around the world put corporate and personal data at risk by engaging in risky behaviors:
• Unauthorized application use.
• Misuse of corporate computers.
• Unauthorized physical and network access.
• Remote worker security.
• Misuse of passwords.
- Many organizations use two-factor authentication to protect against intrusion by illegitimate users. While OTP tokens, USB tokens and smart cards have long been the de-facto standard for two-factor authentication, these technologies are not fit for BYOD and Mobility, instead present challenges:
• Device loss: 5-10% of tablets and 15-25% of phones are lost/stolen each year*
• Usability: users have to type long passwords and OTP codes every time they time out
• Session security: when a tablet is left behind, anybody can access it before it times out
Strengthening Authentication without Impacting User Experience
To reduce data leakage, businesses must integrate security into the corporate culture and consistently evaluate the risks of every interaction with networks, devices, applications, data, and of course, other users.
The certificate based Longmai mToken BLE solution solves all Mobility and security challenges enabling users to secure virtual communications and transactions with advanced digital signature and data encryption features.
Why Digital Signature?
Everyone knows handwritten signature was never safe because it is easily forged and there have been so many fraud cases of forged signature. There are just no absolute method to verify handwritten signature making it not capable to be non-repudiation and impossible to protect the content which is a very serious threat not just to businesses but also individuals.
Digital signature is the most ideal solution to counter all the weakness and fraud concern of handwritten signature.
Definition – Digital Signature is an electronic signature or binary or digital code attach to an electronic transmit message or document to authenticates and executes a document and identifies the signatory. In addition digital signature ensures no changes are applied after the signature has been signed.
Century Longmai developed mToken BLE ecosystem portfolio of products strongly backed by deep security and cryptography research and development, to provide reliable, versatile and standard compliant solution.
The ecosystem consists of wireless bio-communication (supporting Bluetooth and USB) smartcard chip based tokens specifically designed to meet users’ growing mobility and privacy demands. Meanwhile it works with cross-platform operating systems, multi-vendor mobile terminals and custom designed client software to provide secure connection to offline and network based resources.
The typical usage includes:
– Network logon
– Computer access control
– Data protection
– Logical Access control (LAC)
– Trusted document exchange
– Secure Internet and remote access
– e-Commerce and online banking